The Hobart Probus Club (Men’s) was founded in 1982 and has nearly 120 members and is characterised by having many activity groups which cater for the varied interests of our members
- A member club of Probus, an organisation for PROfessional and BUSiness Retirees, who seek to provide interest and activity for its members
- A men only club but one that welcomes partners on most activities.
We are a group of approximately 100 retirees who seek to:
- expand networks and make new friendships
- expand our general knowledge
- explore interesting new activities
- share the load of running and organising activities with an elected executive group and enthusiastic volunteers.
- be physically active and mentally stimulated
- keep up to date with current and interesting issues
- enjoy being in the company of interesting and supporting people.
- enjoy meeting with members for coffee and hearing interesting guest speakers on a variety of topics on a monthly basis at the Sandy Bay Bowls Club.
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Name: Robert Brand
“Probus = Friendship, Fellowship, Excelsior”
Name: Graham Sargison
Role: Vice President and Outing Coordinator
Name: Phil Mathers
Role: Secretary & Public Officer
Name: Peter Tierney
OFFICE BEARERS / COORDINATORS 2022/23
|Immediate Past President||Michael Graham|
|Senior VP||Graham Sargison|
|Secretary and Public Officer||Phil Mathers|
|Assistant Secretary||Nick Mason|
|Assistant Treasurer||Braithe Wedd|
|Functions and Outings||Graham Sargison|
|Bulletin and Publicity||Neil Blaikie|
|Support and Welfare||Brian Butler|